Kobozeva Zoya Mikhaylovna, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of Russian history, Samara State University (1 Academika Pavlova street, Samara, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Provincial petty bourgeoisie in the class everyday routine repre-sented the product of legislative activities of the government and the social creativity of the actors themselves, who were adapting “the challenges” going from above to their life circumstances of a certain locus of the empire. That is why the research of the everyday life of the largest city class, that was being examined in the context of the permanent dialogue with the government, is considered undoubtedly to be very interesting from the scientific point of view and allows to discover such class inte-ractions and egressions which had been holding the estate structure together till its elimination in 1917.
Materials and methods. The research problems were solved using published documents such as the Memorable books of Simbirsk province kept in the Ulya-novsk Regional Scientific Library. Conclusions about Samara province are based on the research results of the funds of petty bourgeoisie board and the City Duma from the State Archive of Samara Region, that were represented in the monograph of the author of the article, that is beyond the limits of this work. The methodological po-tential includes the comparative-contrasting method that allows to compare the petty bourgeoisie society of the two Volga cities; the statistical method that allows to nu-merically define the social composition of petty bourgeoisie and the historical-anthropological method that helped to reconstruct psychological characteristics of the class daily life.
Results. On the ground of the archive data on Samara province the author comes to the conclusion about “the golden age” of petty bourgeoisie implying the close in-teraction between the petty bourgeoisie of the city with the merchants of the third guild in the activity of the so-called “Shestiglasnaya Duma” and the emotional “dialogue” between the authorities and the petty bourgeoisie that is reflected in the book-keeping of Samara petty bourgeoisie. On the contrary in Simbirsk the degree of participation of petty bourgeoisie in the city affairs in the limits of “city citizen-ship” became apparent much less. Nevertheless the Municipal government reform of 1870 led to the situation when the petty bourgeoisie was being forced out of the so-cial life of the city by the new social actors engaged in the all-estate duma.
Conclusions. “The exodus” of petty bourgeoisie from the municipal government was predetermined by the City Charter of 1870, that stroke a blow upon the com-munal relationship in the city estate environment. The petty bourgeoisie town coun-cil establishment didn‟t help the largest city class to keep their social world safe in the system of city interactions.
petty bourgeoisie, estate, power, everyday routine, local self govern-ment.
1. Pasternak B. Doktor Zhivago[Doctor Zhivago].Kuybyshev:Kuybyshevskoe knizhnoe izdatel'stvo,1989,528 p.
2. Lavrinovich M. B. Reformatorskaya politika Ekateriny II v oblasti gorodskogo zakono-datel'stva (1762–1796): dis. kand. istor. nauk [Reform policy of Ekaterina II in the field of municipal legislation (1752-1796): dissertation to apply for the degree of the candi-date of historical sciences]. Moscow, 2001.
3. Semenov A. K. Samoupravlenie russkikh provintsial'nykh gorodov v kontse XVIII – nachale XX v.: dis. d-ra istor. nauk [Self-government of Russian provincial towns in the late XVIII – early XX centuries: dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of his-torical sciences]. Voronezh, 2006.
4. Kaplunovskiy A. P. Russkaya meshchanskaya obshchina v gorodakh Kazanskogo Povolzh'ya. 1870–1918 gg. (Etno-istoricheskoe issledovanie): dis. kand. istor. nauk [Russian petty bourgeoisie community in towns of Kazan Volga region. 1870–1918 (Ethno-historical research): dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of his-torical sciences]. Moscow, 1998.
5. Mironov B. N. Sotsial'naya istoriya Rossii perioda imperii (XVIII – nachalo XX v.): Genezis lichnosti, demokraticheskoy sem'i, grazhdanskogo obshchestva i pravovogo go-sudarstva [Social history of Russia of the empire period (XVIII – early XX centuries): Genesis of the personality, the democratic family, the civil society and the constitutional state]. Saint Petersburg: Dmitriy Bulanin, 2003, vol. 1.
6. Tyurin V. A. Vlast' i gorodskoe samoupravlenie v Srednem Povolzh'e: opyt vzaimo-deystviya na rubezhe XIX–XX vv. [Authority and municipal self-government in Middle Volga region: experience of cooperation at the turn of XIX–XX centuries]. Samara: Samarskiy universitet, 2007, 202 p.
7. Artamonova L. M. Samarskiy zemskiy sbornik [Samara zemstvo collection]. 1996, no. 4.
8. Zorin A. I. Gorozhane Srednego Povolzh'ya vo vtoroy polovine XVI – nachale XX v. Istoriko-etnograficheskiy ocherk [Townspeople of Middle Volga region of the second half of XVI – early XX century. Ethno-historical essay]. Kazan: Izd-vo Kazan. un-ta, 1992, 253 p.
9. Istoriya Samary: Ot voevodskogo upravleniya do gubernskoy Dumy. Kniga pervaya [History of Samara: From voivode management to provincial Duma. The first book]. Samara, 2011.
10. Pamyatnaya knizhka Simbirskoy gubernii na 1862–1863 gody [The Memorable book of Simbirsk province of 1862-1863]. Simbirsk, 1863.
11. Pamyatnaya knizhka Simbirskoy gubernii na 1864 god. Izdanie Simbirskogo guberns-kogo statisticheskogo komiteta. Vypusk pervyy [The Memorable book of SImbirsk pro-vince of 1864. Publication of the Simbirsk provincial statistical council. The first issue]. Simbirsk, 1864.
12. Giddens E. Sotsiologiya [Sociology]. Moscow: Editorial URSS, 2005, 632 p.
13. Koshman L. V. Gorod i gorodskaya zhizn' v Rossii XIX stoletiya. Sotsial'nye i kul'turnye aspekty [Town and town life in Russia of XIX century. Social and cultural aspects]. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 2008.
14. Pervaya vseobshchaya perepis' naseleniya Rossiyskoy imperii. 1897 g. XXXVI. Samars-kaya guberniya [The first universal census of the Russian Empire. 1897. XXXVI. Samara province]. Saint Petersburg, 1904.
15. Ocherki istorii Povolzh'ya i Priural'ya v imperskiy period [Essays on the history of Volga and Ural regions during the empire period]. Saratov, 2010.
16. Pervaya vseobshchaya perepis' naseleniya Rossiyskoy imperii. 1897 g. XXXIX. Simbirs-kaya guberniya [The first universal census of the Russian Empire. 1897. XXXIX. Sim-birsk province]. Saint Petersburg, 1904.
17. Petrov V. I. Sostav naseleniya Srednego Povolzh'ya i Yuzhnogo Urala vo vtoroy polo-vine XIX veka: dis. kand. istor. nauk [The composition of population of Middle Volga region and South Ural region in the second half of XIX century: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of historical sciences]. Orenburg, 2005.
18. Zhurnal Simbirskoy gorodskoy dumy. Sentyabrya 23 [Journal of Simbirsk municipal duma. 23rd of September]. Simbirsk, 1883.